Thursday, March 19, 2009

Breakfast #1: Patty's Egg Nest


Pacifica and I decided that we will have a special breakfast once a month, just the two of us. Our plan is to have our "date" on the first Sunday of each month, and to try out most, if not all, of the breakfast establishments in our neighborhood. Pacifica's big idea is that I am Pancake Jack, and she is Pancake Jill. So, with our new nom de guerre, we headed down to Patty's Eggnest.

Patty's Egg nest is located inside of a mid-sized parking lot. There is no bike parking, so we left my bike and Pancake Jill's trailer on the sidewalk. I forgot the key to my lock, so pushed it close to the window so we could keep an eye on it. There is ample seating, at least early on Sunday, and it did not take long for us to find a seat. Of course, Pancake Jill made sure we got a spot where we could sit right next to each other on a booth facing out into the restaurant, and a small view of the trailer and bike. Pretty soon the place filled up, so we felt pretty lucky.

Pancake Jill was glad to get a cup of crayons and an activity menu. I was glad to get a cup of coffee and a smile from the waitress. We got our orders in (Pancake Jill had the kid's pancake meal, I went for a simple egg scramble). The food came back quick and hot, and we had an excellent time trying to eat it all up. I think that Pancake Jill ate about 1/4 of her food, though she did clear off all of the whip cream; I ate all of my egg and pedaled extra hard back home, and Pancake Jill showed off the fancy green ring she took from the treasure chest at the register. Next post: Roosters!

No comments:

Post a Comment